Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What a diference a shoe makes!

Ok, so as a big boned runner, I read reviews about Brooks Beast being the best shoe for the full figured runner. I've gone through 2 pair and while in Boston, discovered a store called Marathon Sports. I went in and talked to one of their sales guys. He said that he would watch me walk and then recommend a shoe. I did say that I wanted to try something diferent because the Beasts felt good but clunky and to be honest at the end of my runs, I would feel some serious pain in my right ankle thinking it was tendonitis and that I just had to suck it up, ice afterwords and loose some more weight. Well, I had the guy watch me walk and I thought, ok, he's going to try to up sell me (as had happened to a friend of mine at another running specialty store that shall remain nameless). Anyway he suggested the Brooks Addiction 7. These are $20 cheaper than the Beast. He had said that through watching me walk, he didn't think that I need all the support that is provided by the Beast. Anyway, I took yesterday off because my ankle was still sore (and the training plan had me cross training not running.) So today I was excited to take my new shoes out on the scheduled 4 miler I was going to run.

Well, I put the shoes on, the felt good. I ran the 4 miles. No pain in the ankle. These shoes felt like they were made for my feet. I would have kept running if it weren't for the fact that it was a humid 81 degrees farenheit. I'm pysched for my 5 scheduled miles tomorrow.

I am registered for the World Wide Half and will be running the Hartford Half Marathon on Oct 13. Other races I am signed up for are the 10K in Southbury CT in November and the Disney Marathon in January. Once I am done with Disney, I want to put NYC Marathon in November on the Calendar. I plan to add a noble purpose to my running. More to be said for that later.

Until next time, I will keep running, I may not write often enough, but know that I am thinking of all of my friends in the virtual running world.

Best Regards,

David

No comments: