Sunday, December 16, 2007

Closer and Closer

Training has been dificult. I keep getting one injury or another. It started a month or so back when I sprained my ankle. I couldn't run for a weeek. I probably should have stayed off my ankle for a bit longer. The injury prevented me from running the 1/2 marathon in Hartford and I tried to get back on the road too soon. I think the compensating gait I took to keep the ankle from hurting pulled and strained some muscles in my hip so ended up having to miss another week. And then with work and travel schedules, the training has suffered a bit. I've run 16 as my longest run so far. Twenty miles is on the calendar for next weekend and then the taper starts.

As dificult as the training has been going, what I am amazed at is that a 10 - 12 mile run sounds easy. I have to find a flat, flat, flat route for my 20 miler. With the wind, snow and ice, the long runs have been challenging. I am getting nervous about being ready for the Marathon. I will keep on putting one foot in front of the other and bring my best to Orlando to toe the line. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

As the days tick off I am filled with nervousness, anticipation, excitement...I'll be back on the road on Tuesday for my midweek milage.

Until then...

No comments: