Friday, December 22, 2006

Santa Clause is coming to town.

Date: 12/22/2006
Time Running: 60 Minutes (first time at this duration)
Distance Covered: 5.5 Miles
Shoes: 06/07 Brooks Beast (first run in the new kicks)

So, the new kicks came. I wore them around the house yesterday to break them in. The new shoes are a 2E. My other pair is a 4E. The 4E are a bit too wide and the 2E are a bit too narrow. Oh my problematic feet. Anyway, the feet feel good in both pairs. I am still in search for the perfect pair of kicks, but for now, the Brooks Beast are it.

I found my heart rate monitor strap and have been running with it. I wanted to be in the aerobic zone which is 60 -75% of Max heart rate so for me it's like 110 - 137. At about 11:30 pace, I'm at 150ish beats per minute. I can carry on a conversation here, but to get the heart rate any slower, I'd have to walk, and I don't want to walk. Today I did go 60 minutes and the heart rate was 150ish.

When I went out with my strap the first time after I found it, I went for 3 miles and the heart was 165ish which was at a 10 min mile pace. Oh well...It's the journey. Today was awesome. I loved being out there running. It felt good. This month's runners world has a plan to double the long run time in 5 weeks. So in 5 weeks, I'll go for 2 hrs!. I'm looking forward to it!

Ciao for now.

No comments: