Friday, November 17, 2006

What is a runner?

I went out yesterday morning. 5:30 am. I had 2.5 miles in my plan. I ran a bit more than 2.5, probably 2.7 but I'm not an odometer. I was out for 24:57. The whole time I was running I was working through a litany of reasons why I shouldn't be running. I then thought that, hey, when I started running, I couldn't run 1 mile. I was able to run 2.5. There are lots of experts who say to start slow. I have a hard time starting slow. One thing that I must say is waiting a day to make my post, I have lost all of the great ideas that I thought of while I was out that I thought that I had to include in my online journal.

Today is an off day, meaning no running but I will do something. I will have to more to say later. But here's the thing, I did make it out. I followed my plan, I went out, I ran. Am I a runner? We'll see...

No comments: